Sunday, January 3, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010

It's been a cold and blustery start to the new year. Extreme cold is predicted for our area at the end of this week. I guess we will all have to start some new plants this spring. I lost most of my plants in an early overnight freeze here, so I'm definitely planning to start over.

Does anyone have suggestions for me?  I got a small rosemary for Christmas. I haven't decided whether to keep it in a pot or plant it in the ground somewhere. The latter will wait till freezes are over for sure. The one plant I have left is the oregano in the urn by the kitchen door.  It is a hardy little plant, I've had it now for several years. The vetiver grass was hit by the freeze but it needs cut back every year anyway. The lemon grass... well I just don't know about it, it will probably come back but I plan to move it to another location as it is overshadowed by the vetiver grass.

I hope to see you all at the next meeting. Till then....

No comments: