Sunday, January 20, 2013

2013 Herb Program


Hey Herbies!

For all of you that missed our January program, "The Chocolate Tree" presented by Pat Baugh's son and daughter-in-law, . . .well all I can say is you missed a really great program! I think that the terrible weather kept a lot of members from attending! Thank you Pat, Darrell and Gayle! I will be posting some websites to check out about chocolate. I had no idea how chocolate comes about, but I do now.

Also I have some photos that I'm going to add to our Blog about our November 14, 2012 program “Aromatics" presented by Cindy Meredith and Mary Ann Davis. http://rockportherbies.blogspot.com/2012/11/just-reminder-that-our-next-program-on_11.html

We need to get our 2013 Herb Program ready! Are there any of you wanting to give a program this year? Any of you want to recommend a field trip? Any suggestions are more than welcome.

OK, here is the sign up list!

January 9, 2013: "The Chocolate Tree" by Darrell and Gayle Smith http://rockportherbies.blogspot.com/2013/01/january-9-2013-herb-program-chocolate.html

The rest of the months are open. Please send me back a reply for which month and topic you want.

February 13: "Come learn the history, cultivation and current uses of Elderberry, The Herb of the Year for 2013" presented by Cindy Meredith
 
March 13: "Mandrake" presented by Cindy Meredith (Remember Harry Potter and Mandrake?)

April 10:

May 8:

June 12:

July 10:

August 14:

September 11:

October 9:

November 13:

December 11: Holiday Luncheon

Just as soon as I find out who is going to give the February program, I'll let you know. FYI: Elder (Sambucus): Herb of the Year™ 2013! Anyone interested in taking this for our February program?  http://www.iherb.org/hoy.htm

Also since we didn't put on the Herb Festival for 2012, I wonder if anyone is interested in referring the Festival out to another group. I think that our group has gotten too small to put on such a big festival. If you know anyone interested in joining our group, please pass on an invitation for them to join us. Regarding the Festival, I got lots and lots of inquiries about it last year. It's already "set-in-motion" with all of the information we can pass on! Let me, Ruth or Cindy know.  http://rockportherbies.blogspot.com/2011_04_01_archive.html

Be sure to read our Rockport Herbies Blog. Ruth, Cindy and I try to keep updated information on it!

Great Gardening,


Linda  a/k/a Herbie

No comments: